UP PCS 2018 Syllabus UPPSC new pattern 2018 new syllabus of uppsc 2018 uppsc mains syllabus 2018 UP PCS Mains Exam Syllabus 2017-18 UP PCS Pre Exam Pattern 2017 UPPSC PCS Mains Exam Syllabus 2017-2018 Provincial Civil Service Exam Pattern Paper 1 Paper 2 Syllabus UPPSC Provincial Civil Service Exam Pattern UPPSC PCS New Exam Pattern 2018. Check the latest updates/news about UP PCS 2018 Syllabus.
UP PCS 2018 Syllabus – Pre Mains New Exam Pattern
Latest Updated on 25 April 2018:- Good News! As per the latest updates, the approval for the UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2018 has been given by the UP Govt this month. It is expected that the UPPSC will be going to change the syllabus/ Exam Pattern of PCS Exam from 2018. The syllabus for the UP PCS will be based upon the UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern. In the month of May 2018, the UPPSC PCS 2018 Notification will be released and the UPPSC PCS Interview Will be Of 100 Marks, there Will Be 04 Papers of General Studies having 200 Marks Each and There Will be Only 01 Optional Subject You can see the below image for further reference.
Bad News! UPPSC has officially released a notification stating that they are going to change the exam syllabus as well as the exam pattern of PCS exam 2018. This year the UP PCS Pattern will be based on the UPPSC Civil Service Exam Pattern. You can see the below image for further reference.
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission will conduct the Preliminary written exam for PCS (Provisional Civil Service). As no. of the candidate are appearing nowadays for these type of competitive exam, due to which the competition increase and the Exam get too tougher to crack. This is why it is necessary to know which topic to prepare and which not for these exams, keeping this in mind we have provided all the necessary information about the UP PCS 2018 Syllabus & the Exam Pattern (its all changes).
Detail information about UP PCS 2018 Syllabus/ Exam Pattern
Upper Subordinate Service/ Combined State Examination 2017 is to be conducted by the UPPSC. Every year for PCS Exam, the UPPSC invites online application for the same. The Year 2017, First Time Online Application was restarted for CSAT affected Candidates. According to the official notice issued by the UPPSC, it was stated that UPPSC, Pre-exam is to be conducted in the month of May 2017. But it was postponed due to some issues. After then new notice has come in which UPPSC stated that they would organize the PCS Pre Exam 2017 in the month of September 2017.
UPPSC PCS Pre Exam Pattern:-
The exam pattern for Preliminary Exam will be as follows:-
- The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers.
- There will be No Negative Marking in PCS Exam.
- The Written test will be multiple choice objective type questions.
- Both papers are made up of 200 marks.
- The time allotted for the exam will be 2 hours, the exam will be organized under offline mode with pen & paper.
- The timing of paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
Must Note:- The minimum qualifying marks for Preliminary Exam Paper II will be 33%. All the applicants are required to appear in both the examination for the purpose of evaluation. The applicant can be disqualified if he/she does not appear in any of this paper.
The applicant merit will be based upon the marks obtained by him/her in Paper I.
UPPSC PCS Mains Exam pattern:-
The UPPSC PCS Main exam will be objective as well as Subjective Type. Below we have mentioned its pattern.
|1.||General Hindi||150||03:00 hours|
|3.||General Studies-I||200||02:00 hours|
|4.||General Studies-II||200||02:00 hours|
These are the compulsory subjects for the UPPSC Mains Exam. The time allotted for this exam to complete will be 3 hours.
Following are optional subjects that candidate has to choose from.
Optional Subjects (any two):-
Note: A candidate will not be allowed to offer more than one subject from the –
Group A :
1. Social Work
Group B :
Group C :
2. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Group D :
1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering
4. Agriculture Engineering
Group E :
1. English Literature
2. Hindi Literature
3. Urdu Literature
4. Arabic Literature
5. Persian Literature
6. Sanskrit Literature
Group F :
1. Political Science and International Relations
2. Public Administration
Group G :
2. Public Administration
About UP PCS 2018 Syllabus (Preliminary Exam):-
PAPER – I General Studies-I (200 marks); Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
About Current events of national and international importance:- On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
About History of India and Indian National Movement:- In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have the synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
About Indian and World Geography:- Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World:- In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social &Economic Geography of India.
About Indian Polity and Governance:- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, Economic, and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
About Economic and Social Development:- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment, and Urbanisation. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
About General Science:- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Remember:- All the applicants appearing for the exam must have general knowledge about these allabove-mentioned subjects in order to qualify the same.
PCS Paper 2 Syllabus- GENERAL STUDIES II
- Comprehension, Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
- General English up to Class X level.
- General Hindi up to Class X level.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Algebra:- This will consist of following topics.
(i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations. (ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
- Arithmetic:- This will consist of following topics.
(i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship. (ii) Average (iii) Ratio and proportion (iv) Percentage (v) Profit and Loss (vi) Simple and Compound interests (vii) Work and Time. (viii) Speed, Time and Distance.
- Geometry:- This will consist of following topics.
(i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter, and area. (ii) Volume and surface area of the sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
- Statistics:- This will consist of following topics.
Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central Tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
Revise the following topics.
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Fill in the Blanks.
UP PCS Pre Hindi Syllabus
- Question answer from Unseen passage
- Government and Semi-government letter, telegram, official orders, notification, circular writing
- Knowledge of words and uses.
- Uses of Prefix and Suffix.
- One word substitution.
- Spelling and Sentence Correction.
- Idioms and Phrases.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
(1) हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
(2) शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
(4) संधि, समास,
(6) अनेकार्थी शब्द,
(7) विलोम शब्द,
(8) पर्यायवाची शब्द,
(9) मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
(10) तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
(13) हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
(14) उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
About UP PCS 2018 Syllabus (Main Exam):-
GENERAL STUDIES, PAPER- I
1. History of India-Ancient, Mediaeval, Modern
2. Indian National Movement and Indian Culture
3. Population, Environment, and Urbanization in Indian Context
4. World Geography, Geography of India and its natural resources.
5. Current events of national and international importance.
6. Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce.
7. Specific knowledge of U.P. regarding education, culture Agriculture, Trade Commerce, The methods of living and Social Customs.
History of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century and would also include questions on Gandhi, Tagore, and Nehru. The part on current events of national and international importance will include questions also on sports and games.
GENERAL STUDIES, PAPER – II
1. Indian Polity
2. Indian Economy
3. General Science (Role of Science and technology in the development of India including
science in everyday life)
4. General Mental ability.
5. Statistical Analysis, Graphs, and Diagrams.
The part relating to the Indian polity will include questions on the political system in India and Indian constitution. The Indian economy will cover broad features of economic policy in India. The part relating to role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the candidate’s awareness in this field Emphasis will be on the applied aspects. The part relating to statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercise to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical graphical or diagrammatically form and to point out deficiencies limitation or inconsistencies therein.
There will be three sections in the question paper of Essay. Candidates will have to select one topic from each section and they are required to write an essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of the essay will be based on the following sphere :
Section A : (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
Section B : (1) Science, Environment, and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry, and Trade.
Section C : (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Landslide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc.
(3) National Development programmes and projects.
This is all about UP PCS 2018 Syllabus, Exam Pattern of Pre & Mains Exam. Applicants are requested to have a regular watch on our website for the latest updates related to UP PCS 2018 Syllabus, or they can also visit the official website of UPPSC for more details (link mentioned below).
For any Query/ Assistance leaves a Comment in the Box below. You can also leave a message on our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/sarkarinaukri/) or Contact us. Press CTRL+D to bookmark our website for latest updates.